I am writing to you because I was brought up to be honest, trustworthy, and if I did something wrong, then I would apologise.
The Independent Living Fund, which is a "Quango" ( quasi-autonomous non-governmental organisation ) has made a mistake - but has REFUSED (in writing - below) to apologise to me.
I am suffering from SEVERE PPMS (Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis) and was awarded ILF payments back in 2008.
Since the UK has moved into times of "Austerity" the ILF has deemed that I should pay them...
The ILF has written to me a number of times telling me that I owe them vasts amount of money and that I must return it to them, and they even sent me Pre Paid Self Addressed envelopes to help me.
You may know that the single thing that aggravates and worsens MS is stress.
I will list a brief overview of events
- Letter from ILF dated 17 May 2011
- From Lorraine Herrod telling me that I owe £7446.77
- Letter from ILF dated 4 November 2011
- From Matthew Sweet telling me that I owe £8497.13
- Letter instructs me to send cheque or pay into ILF bank
- Letter from ILF dated 14 November 2011
- From Matthew Sweet CONFIRMING that I owe £8497.13
- Letter from ILF dated 13 December 2011
- From Matthew Sweet telling me that I can complain
- Letter from ILF dated 8 February 2012
- From Matthew Sweet advising me that I now owe NOTHING
I consider that ILF made a MISTAKE chasing and harassing, and by definition, owe me an APOLOGY
I would very much like to raise this with you